Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The sun finally felt warm

On Monday I grilled. On our perfect 67 degree Monday, I grilled. The last time my gas grill saw the light of day was late October. Since that time it had been stored away in front of the lawnmower and next to the smoker in the utility shed attached to the garage. It's been a long 4 1/2 months. It seemed longer but after buying a huge family size package of ground beef (what size family needs 6 lbs.?) and knowing that Monday's weather was going to be the kind of early spring warmth that gives teenage boys erections in anticipation of swimsuit season, I saved one pound of ground chuck for the upcoming glorious Monday afternoon.

After speeding home, my nipples tingling in anticipation of the grand event, I pulled the grill from the garage and put it in its proper place on the patio and lit that bad boy.



Welcome to flavor country. These 1/2 lb. beauties that look like a Wendy's burger on steroids borrowed from Barry Bonds were nothing short of delicious. Grilled hamburgers, one of the many summertime treats I've missed. Welcome back spring, welcome back!

Spring is just around the corner for MinnPics as well. Check back frequently to see the seasons change in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...