Monday, March 16, 2009

Arby's Roastburger: not impressed

With my body-wracking cold lessening, I decided that cooking was for suckers and ventured out to Arby's this weekend. I know how to treat myself to a tasty delight and the coupon for a free, much-touted Arby's Roastburger seemed to be calling my name.

The combinatiuon promised true deliciousness. Tasty, thin-sliced roast beef, bacon and hamburger fixings all on a tasty bun far different from those that a standard roast beef sandwich usually comes on.

However, much like My Network TV, the Arby's Roastburger failed to live up to its self-created hype. Oh sure, it had some shredded lettuce and a tomato slice on it but the roast beef which is normally juicy and tender seemed to be greasy. Yes, greasy just like the commercials had promised is wouldn't be because it's ROAST beef. Not fried, roast(ed). Then there was the bacon. Two seriously shriveled strips of bacon fit for that tiny farmer on those Burger King micro-mini breakfast sandwich commercials but so small that I barely noticed they were perched atop my free sandwich.

There could be a number of reasons for this subpar sandwich. Maybe the 16 year old assembling my free sandwich was new to the Arby's game. Maybe they knew my sandwich was free and made it both sloppily and hastily because, well, it was free. Or maybe I've hit that age when even fast food that presents itself as classy and even not fast food is not fit for my oh-so sophisticated pallette.

Whatever the case, I can rule out the Arby's Bacon Cheddar Roastburger as a sandwich for future eating outings.

Returning from an illness, MinnPics is back today with more new Minnesota photos. Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...