Monday, March 30, 2009

Consumer corner tip: Cub Foods

Is it considered gluttony that I just ate half of a rotisserie chicken?

I don't consider myself a glutton but I do have a healthy appetite and I do love chicken. Chicken is one of those perfect foods. People love the wings (I don't). It tastes great baked, fried, grilled, smoked, roasted, stuffed or just about any way you can think of.

It tastes even better because is was a Gold 'n Plump chicken and it was on sale. Sort of.

Sure, I had to buy ten Knorr (formerly Lipton) rice and/or noodle pouches for a dollar each at Cub Foods but doing so saved me four bucks on that succulent little bird. Three and one-half pounds of Gold 'n Plump rotisserie cooked chicken plus ten Knorr rice and/or noodle pouches for thirteen dollars and change. It's one of those rare times I can brag about a deal at Cub Foods.

Hey, if you live in many "metro" areas of Minnesota, it's worth the trip to Cub Foods this week and it's damn tasty. I'm off to clean the bones on that little bird.

If you like even more things Minnesota, check out MinnPics. It's got tons of fresh photos just unearthed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...