Monday, October 19, 2009

Food I've never eaten

I'm something of an anomaly. I'll eat copious amounts of most anything you put in front of me but the things I've never eaten would make most people wonder if I'm acutally human (I am).

I've never eaten a McDonald's Big Mac sandwich. For one, I don't really trust much outside of the breakfast items - especially after a friend of mine from high school freaked out in the passenger seat of my car because he insisted that his Chicken McNugget contained a cyst and he had just bitten in to it. Even if his freak out was crazy, that sort of sealed the deal. Plus, I don't trust their slimy beef - I'm sure it has either soy or shredded newspapers in it as fillers. And the special sauce, I don't care what it is - good beef (which this clearly isn't) doesn't need to be covered in some mystery sauce to make it palatable.

A staple of kids all over America - which may explain the obesity problem - is macaroni and cheese. It's also something I've never once eaten. I don't trust cheese - powdered or melted - from a pouch. It goes against nature and that may be another reason why kids are little fatties. I don't care what my old lady says, even if her mac & cheese is the best thing this side of sex, I'm having nothing to do with it.

Mayonnaise. It just seems so unnatural to me. Really, who thought to themselves one day "Hey, I'm gonna combine oil and eggs and spread it on my sammich"? That's just fucked up when you break it down like that. Those are two items that, separately, have no business being near a sandwich but people, for whatever reason, think it's perfectly fine to slather them on their white bread and bologna sammich and gobble the crap right up. Again, I'm steering clear of it.

There are plenty more foods I've never eaten that are totally normal to most Americans but for the sake of time I'm ending it here for now. Am I strange for never eating these staples of Americana? Am I alone in omitting rather common foods from my diet?

Are you sick of this and would rather soak in the beauty of some amazing photos of Minnesota. Check out MinnPics for the latest photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...