Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FOX new fall series

Overall, FOX has a fairly strong line-up and a couple of shows I'm actually looking forward to watching. Terra Nova looks extremely compelling but is also very high concept and heavily serialized meaning miss an episode and you're totally lost and the high concept part of it makes me think that much of the concept of the series will go over people's heads. However, I do feel like it has the possibility of gaining an extremely loyal fan base if FOX allows Terra Nova to run interrupted for 13 consecutive weeks.

New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, looks like it could be a movie based on the production values and that, along with Deschanel starring in it, is what has me wanting to see this series play out. It seems like a fish out of water comedy with a heart of gold -- both sides, Deschanel's character Jess and her new three male roommates -- bettering each other in different ways and being there to pick each other up. I pray that it doesn't go to the extreme sappy side of things but I don't think it would work if it were full of cheap, easy prat falls.

The video previews are below.

Terra Nova

Mondays 7 PM C/T

New Girl

Tuesdays 8 PM C/T

I Hate my Teenage Daughter

Wednesdays 8:30 PM C/T

Allen Gregory

Sundays 7:30 PM C/T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...