Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It just flew in to the toilet

When I heard tools banging around in the bathroom this morning, I just had to find out what was going on behind that closed door.

When I opened the door, I found my old lady hunched over the tub holding the handle of my Channel Lock pliers in one hand and a bottle of bleach-filled shower cleaner in the other. She had just foamed up the business end of the pliers when I asked "Um, what happened?"

"It just flew in to the toilet" she said.

Of course I had to ask what flew in to the toilet and how this involved my Channel Lock pliers.

"The springy toilet paper roll thingy" was the answer she gave me.

Ah, so that's the technical name, I thought to myself as I asked "How in the hell did that happen?"

It turns out that she was being courteous and replacing the empty roll of toilet paper and the "springy toilet paper thingy" actually has wings and used them to take a cold dip in the old Kohler dump-be-gone.

I just shook my head and left the room as she asked "That's never happened to you?"

Um, no, it hasn't. That wiley spring has never bested me and now I know to be even more cautious because she'd hold something like that over my head for a lifetime. I'll forget in a week.

For a classier take on things, check out the vast collection of photos of Minnesota at MinnPics. Something new every damn day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...