Friday, April 3, 2009

My thoughts on Hell's Kitchen

Why do people seek the approval of the angriest, meanest, strictest, lowest lifeforms? That's the question I kept asking myself as I accidentally watched Hell's Kitchen on FOX. These supposedly skilled chefs feel the need to further themselves via a rather staged contest as they struggle with their obvious daddy issues and seek endless approval from Chef Gordon Ramsay who has serious rage issues and whose antics and attitude I seriously doubt would be tolerated in any workplace.

If the chefs in this competition really wish to further their careers, a better solution would be to hone your skills and advance yourself based on your work, not by seeking the approval of one very bitter man. Sadly, the semi-staged contest is a staple of "reality" television and "reality" television is becoming the norm on television these days as the once-mighty networks semeingly trade places with cable outlets and become the home of lowest common denominator.

All in all, Hell's Kitchen is, at best, background noise and I truly fail to see any hint of drama in this series and I don't see how it has lasted this long on the airwaves. I guess it's due to the fact that FOX chooses to focus on its juggernaut, American Idol, and doesn't care much about the rest of its schedule.

MinnPics is all about still images and, therefore, is better than most of the dreck on TV. Check out the awesome photos today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...